CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

O Christmas Tree Tradition


Some of my best memories as a little girl were putting up the Christmas tree. I just love it and I want my children to cherish it too. For Sadie's first Christmas, I got her a little pink tree that I decided we would use every year as her "own" tree that she could have in her room.

This was her Christmas 2009 tree. We decided to go very simple with pink and green ornaments that included balls, bows, and a baby's first Christmas ornament. She was only 9 months old but we found that there were several parts of this tradition that she enjoyed even at a young age.
For instance, she loved the balls mainly. They always went straight to her mouth so we had to be really careful with the ornaments and in the end we put her little tree up on a table so she couldn't reach it. She also loved the ribbon. She would pull and tug at it until most of it was unraveled.
                        
Even better was putting up our family Christmas tree! She was really into the lights. Her little pink tree was already lit with lights so it wasn't was fun as playing with the string of them. These are some of my favorite pictures and memories of her.
Helping her Daddy string the tree with lights.

Really looking at each light on the strand. I always wondered what was going through her mind as she saw new things being so little. She was a plump baby :)

Time to tug!

Her second Christmas 2010, we did an all pink ballerina tree in her room and she was able to help alot more with the ornaments.

This was when she loved the pink and green decorative picks and the princess beads.

This was also the year she started to really want to help with everything and do it all herself. I loved watching her wait at the bottom of the attic steps for Toby to hand down Christmas ornaments and decorations. Once it was all down- she was into Everything!

This was a fun year also because she started to really get into books and so I made a basket of Christmas themed books that sat under her tree all season for easy access.
This year 2011, the season has just begun but we are in the Christmas spirit already! Last year my sister in law's mother invited me to a Cracker Barrel sale where we got wonderful deals on Christmas stuff and I focused on getting Sadie a few fun ornaments for her tree this year. I had alot of fun picking them out and anticipating how much she would love them this year and I was so happy to see that she did!



It's quite colorful and wild but ironically it fits her personality this year so it was meant to be and she loves it in her room!